Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Maui Jewelry


When the weather is dreary I always think of vacationing, and one of the most beautiful places I've been is Maui. While staying there, you see signs asking people not to take the beach home with them. In fact rumors were created saying if you take any of Hawaii of the island, you'll have bad luck for 10 years! And I can't blame them for being so cautious, because if I could, I'd plop the island in my pocket and take it home with me!
I met Jamee Jones, jewelry maker and owner of Jonara Blu Maui, who runs her business out of Maui on the side of the Volcano. Imagine the view! She draws all her inspiration for her jewelry from her breath-taking surroundings. She mixes shells, pearls, silk and beads into delightful pieces that are perfect accessories for any beach wedding. This is a excellent way of taking a piece of Maui without offending the islanders.

While scheming my imaginary Hawaiian wedding, I picked out my favorite piece called "Champagne Circles," (love the name also) which is made with mother of pearl shell, Swarovski crystal, silk, gold and freshwater coin pearls. The freshwater pearls are an added bonus for me, because it was my husband’s first gift to me! And I also handmade freshwater pearl necklaces, as gifts, for all by bridesmaids.


3 comments:

Jonara Blu Maui said...

Thank you for this wonderful blog post..I'm so exited to be on your blog! I'm glad you like my jewelry and that it brings with it so much from such a beautiful place for others to enjoy! Aloha!

ChezChani said...

What a gorgeous necklace. And you don't have to be at a wedding to wear her exquisite stuff, you can feel special every day!

ChezChani said...

What a gorgeous necklace. And you don't have to be at a wedding to wear her exquisite stuff, you can feel special every day!